Whether you’re trying to get back into your New Year’s Resolutions, or you’re just looking to get fit, you may be trying to figure out ways that are inexpensive. Unfortunately, a gym membership and a personal trainer may be out of the question for your current budget, but that doesn’t mean that you’re stuck. Even though you can’t get the quality of a trainer with an Android app, you can still get started for little to no investment on your part. How? Here are some tips that can help you out.
Why Should You Use Your Mobile Device for a Personal Trainer?
Wait, so why should you even consider this? Is there any reason that you should just go to your Android instead of spending your hard earned cash on a personal trainer? Actually, yes. Here are some of the most important reasons.
- They’re free or relatively inexpensive. Personal trainers can get expensive, as can gym memberships! Apps cost next to nothing or nothing at all; you just have to have the device to use them on!
- Androids have a lot of cool features. Some of the newer Android devices can keep track of your steps; they have GPS units, and continue to add more features. These features can be utilized in your fitness apps, and they are becoming more advanced as time goes on.
- Apps are becoming more advanced. Apps are becoming more advanced as time goes on, and app developers are starting to become more creative with their use of the Android features.
Are you convinced? Then you need to take a look at the different things that you need in a fitness app.
What Are You Looking for in a Fitness App?
There are a number of things that you need to look for when you’re looking for an Android app that can help you with your fitness goals. Here are some of them.
- It needs to give you statistics. You can’t understand where you’re going if you don’t understand how it compares to other people. By offering you statistics (BMI, etc), an app can help you get a “big picture” of what you’re looking for. By knowing this, you will be better able to decide what your journey will look like.
- It needs to help you track your weight/progress. Sure, you can do that on your own, but if you have an app, you may as well find one that keeps track of it for you.
- You need to use multiple apps. There really isn’t an “all in one” app that you can use. There are several that come close, but you’re better off finding multiple apps, each covering a different part of the body or system in the body.
- You need encouragement. There are some apps that just give you straight numbers, and for some people, that’s the encouragement that they need to push forward. But sometimes, you need more than that; many apps will give you encouraging information and quotes to push you further in your workout.
- You need accountability. This part is up to you. For some people, the app is accountability enough. For others, you may want people see what you’re doing and how you’re progressing, and if you need that, you can find apps that will help you with that.
Personal Trainer Android Apps
If you aren’t sure where to get started when it comes to finding apps that you can use to help you get fit, then here are some suggestions that you can try out for yourself.
- FitSync. This app is one of the few “all around” apps that you can find that actually tracks a lot of what you’re doing. As you likely know, you can pay for a gym membership but that rarely, if ever, includes the use of a personal trainer. You can use FitSync for that, because it will help you keep track of your progress and give you suggestions on what part of the body to work and what exercises to use. Many people will use FitSync as their main app, and use their other apps as a supplement.
- CardioTrainer. If cardio is what you’re looking for, then you’re going to get it with CardioTrainer. This program is interesting, because it helps you determine your heart rate and tells you (verbally) about how far along you are with your workout. On top of that, you can use the GPS function for walking or running so you know exactly how far you’ve gone in a particular session.
- GAINFitness. GAINFitness is a fitness program that focuses on building your muscle. So if you aren’t as worried about losing weight, and you’re more concerned with building up your muscle mass and focusing on strength training, then you want to check out GAINFitness. It also allows you to customize everything that you’re doing with the app.
- Fitness Buddy. Fitness Buddy is an app that also focuses on muscle and strength building. You can also focus on a number of other things that you can do during your workout routine, similar to FitSync. It is actually considered to be one of the best fitness apps on the market today, offering all of the different pieces of information that we listed above in what you’re looking for and it can help you feel great while you’re doing it as well.
- Nike Training Club. Another cardiovascular app that also has some strength training as well. Nike Training Club has been viewed as one of the best training apps. If you’re looking for weight loss help, the Nike Training Club app can help you with that as well.
So, yes, it is expensive to get a gym membership, but you don’t have to break the bank when it comes to getting fit. These Android apps can help you to feel better, achieve your goals, and get as healthy as possible. Achieve your wellness goals with a few apps and your Android device and you’ll be as good as gold when it comes to achieving your goals.